Sunday, June 28, 2009

Death of Michael Jackson

To be honest, I don't know what I can really contribute that hasn't been said a hundred times already since Thursday night but suffice to say the fact that one of the most iconic popstars ever is dead is really a shame. At least this will have people digging out classic albums, videos, memories etc and reflecting on how one global popstar can touch so many people.

I do think its interesting how little has been made of the fact that in Ireland Jackson was known to be working on new material with Will.I.Am, Akon, Ne-Yo etc. I'm sure this new stuff will crop up at some point.

And given that I am a huge Janet fan, I am a tad worried about how nothing has been said about her. I hope her and the entire family are holding up OK.

The latest rumour, and the one I find the most interesting is that the show Jackson intended to perform will now be turned into a giant tribute concert featuring various big names. Given that Madonna's manager had confirmed her plans to join Michael on stage, presumably she will be among the line up. I could easily see modern day talent like Justin Timberlake, Ciara etc wanting to pay tribute and pretty much everyone else who is in the music industry.

Regardless of this though, the enduring legacy of his best work will live on I am sure.

And this will always be my favourite video of his (Scream is a close second!)

No comments:

Post a Comment