Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tunes of the Moment Circa Mid August 2009

Lets list some more top tunes shall we?

In no particular order:

Whitney Houston - Million Dollar Bill : shimmer-y, sassy and uplifting disco pop and a great comeback single for Miss Houston.

Eva Simons - Silly Boy: Still sounds like a Rihanna/Lady Gaga demo but really thats no bad thing. The video is bonkers too which helps.

Eve - Me N My (Up In The Club) : a blippy, noisy electro hip hop track that I wasn't expecting from Eve but great nonetheless.

Little Boots - Catch 22 : I don't know why it took me so long to find out how amazing this and also why it wasn't on the album! Forshame Little Boots, forshame. See also Stuck On Repeat (Fake Blood Mix)

Fake Blood - Mars : this is one of those "dimly aware of it ages ago, finally got around to listening to it now" songs and I love it.

MGMT - Kids (80skidz Remix) : adds a lick of a paint and covers ovrt some of the overplayed sheen this had a while ago. Not a new mix as far as I know but I stumbled on it and it makes me happy.

Sean Kingston - Fire Burning : I hate Sean Kingston with a fiery passion but I really love this completely by the numbers Red One number and I'm not sure why!

Might Like You Better - Amanda Blank: I like that the first time I heard this I was dancing like a trooper on a Sunday evening. Always a nice way to be introduced to a song.

Richard Vission & Static Revenger feat. Luciana - I Like That: Brilliant dirty dance pop. Why isn't Luciana huge?

Jade Ewen - My Man : So four years ago but so fun. a great slice of R&B pop. The Cahill Remix is great.

Boys and Girls - Pixie Lott: Chirpy and enjoyable pop. The Moto Blanco and Hot Pink Deleorean mixes are fantastic too.

Backstreet Boys - Straight Through the Heart : Catchy, immediate old school pop.

Miley Cyrus - Party In The USA : You can try and resist. But why bother? This is sunny, carefree and will plaster a smile over your face. You cynic you.



No comments:

Post a Comment