Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sex and the City 2 and Style At Set: Oh The Excitement

Apologies for the radio silence here over the last week. Lots of things going on at the moment which may result in posts becoming a bit scant for a couple of weeks! Style at Set was amazing, an incredible buzz and so thrilled to have got to go down. Well done to Blanaid Hennessy on pulling it off. Check out this post by Rosemary MacCabe here to get more on the madness that went on. Safe to say it was the most fun I've had on a Saturday night in a very long time. Do check out the Set Theatre by the way, it is obscenely beautiful!






Those of you who made it to Style At Set might have watched the Sex and the City movie on the Friday ( I bet it looked amazing on the screen there!) and of course the new trailer for the sequel was just released this week. Fleshing out the plot points for the new film with more ease then the previous trailer it made me awful excited despite some very obvious flaws/usual irritation factors that this series brings out in me.



I should point out that everytime I watch this I got a fuzzy, "WHEN IS IT MAY 27TH?!" feeling that makes me gloss over the slightly ridiculous move away from New York, the bad puns and the vaguely ridiculous moments. Just look at how foxy Carrie is! Look at the spikes on Samantha's dress! AIDAN IS BACK! etc etc.


Also the song in the second half of the trailer is an odd one. It's the vocals from Ricki Lee's track U Want A Little This spliced over the instrumental of a rather great swing remix of Mariah's Touch My Body from a few years ago. The two songs are back to back below.




What an odd combination. Needless to say I'm more than a little bit excited about SATC 2. Promises that it's more light hearted and upbeat are interesting and who knows what stupid puns Carrie will break out? I need a lie down just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment